A chiffon fabric is a transparent and lightweight fabric originally made with silk now also made with man-made fabrics such as nylon and rayon. Nylon chiffon is a strong fabric, crease resistant, washable and is resistant to mildew and moths. This fabric is susceptible to degradation by weak acids and sunlight.
Nylon Chiffon Fabric Care
- Use a cool iron on chiffon to get rid of wrinkles.
- Nylon chiffon is more durable, but should be washed under the same conditions as silk.
- When washing nylon chiffon, use mild detergent.
Washing Nylon Chiffon
- Wash with cool water. Using a washing machine, the recommended temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit. As much as possible, do not add other clothes to the wash.
- Use the gentlest cycle when using a washing machine. The longer the fabric stays in water, the more possibility for it to fade.
- Dry the chiffon in the dryer on a short, cool cycle.