How to Care for Silk Organza?
Organza appears to be a delicate fabric, often found on prom dresses and wedding apparel, but it is actually a hardy material that can withstand high temperatures.
- Wash the organza material at a warm temperature in your washing machine.
- Put the fabric in the dryer on a “tumble dry” setting. Set the temperature at low heat.
- Add a dryer sheet to eliminate static electricity. Organza’s stiffness can create more static electricity than other fabrics. Turn on the dryer and leave the fabric in until the dampness is gone.
- Take the fabric out of the dryer as soon as it’s dry. This will keep the fabric from becoming wrinkled.
- Iron the organza on a low heat setting to remove any wrinkles.
Organza has the gloss like glass. Meanwhile, it is easy to break as the glass. It is usually. used at the wedding dress, bridesmaid dress and flower girl dress. Since organza cannot. extend, it needs to be tailored properly.