Make nylon chiffon petticoat
A petticoat is an undergarment used under a skirt. It gives the dress or skirt a full-bodied look.
What do you need for nylon chiffon petticoat
Directions to create nylon chiffon petticoat
- Using 5 yards of nylon chiffon and sew a basting stitch (a long, running stitch) along the top of the material.
- Add 2 inches to the measured waist of the person.
- Draw up the basting stitch until the material measures three times the person’s waist measurement.
- Fold the nylon chiffon in thirds width-wise.
- Stitch the seam where the nylon meets on the length side of the material to within 5 inches of the waist.
- Cut the elastic to the person’s waist measurement including the two inches you added in step 2.
- Cut the ribbon to the person’s waist measurement in step 2 adding ten inches.
- Sew the ribbon to the waist of the nylon chiffon leaving five inches on each end of the waist.
- Fold the ribbon over and sew it to the waist of the nylon chiffon creating a pocket to insert the elastic.
- Insert the elastic into the ribbon and sew the ends together.
- Place petticoat on the person and tie the ends of the ribbon together when wearing.