How to make a nylon chiffon flower
Nylon chiffon flowers make excellent decorative accents for your gown. The chiffon flowers can be accentuated with feathers or placed into a headband. If you are interested in making one, here is how to make your very own nylon chiffon flower.
Directions on making nylon chiffon flower
- You will need the nylon chiffon fabric, scissors, candle, bowl of water, kitchen tongs, thread, needle, glue and hair clips.
- Cut the nylon chiffon fabric into at least three circles. The largest circle would make up the diameter of the finished flower. Cutting the circle does not need to be perfect.
- Light a candle and pick up the smallest circle using kitchen tongs. Hold the circle edge about 2 inches over the flame. The heat from the candle will cause the nylon to curl and form a petal-like edge. Repeat the process for the rest of the circles.
- Stack the layers from largest to smallest. You can opt to sew or use glue to keep the flower together in the center.
- Add accents using feather, pearls or any decorations. Sew or glue the finished flower to a hair clip or head band or to the gown that you create.