Do you know if there is a test for alpaca? I have bought knitting yarn that says “100% alpaca” but it needs to be cut with scissors. Usually, natural fibers can be broken off by hand. I tried burning a piece, as this is a test used for wool and it didn’t smolder like wool. It burned quickly, with a high flame. Does alpaca react the same way as wool? I know that it contains no lanolin. Thanks.
- Fabric Identification
- Fabric Care
- Hemp Fabric, Ramie And Jute
- Know Your Momme – Silk Momme Described
- Manufactured or Man-made Fabric?
- Glossary of Cotton Fabric and Weaves
- Glossary of Linen Fabrics and Weaves
- Glossary of Silk Fabric and Weaves
- Glossary of Wool Fabric and Weaves