Georgette Weave?

Hello, I have a piece of pure wool fabric that is woven in such a way that it stretches a bit in all directions, to different degrees. Can you tell me how exactly this type of weave is called? It is reminiscent of georgette.

By: Gemma

One Response to “Georgette Weave?”

  1. Kirsten Longly says:

    High Gemma,

    Is there any possible way you could take a picture of your fabric, up close? The description of stretching in different directions tells me more that the fabric may have some lycra or spandex in the weave rather than be able to tell you what the weave is. Wool does stretch some because of its molecular structure but that is inherent in the fiber rather than having anything to do with the weave. And frankly that kind of stretch on wool is pretty normal for just about any type of weave whether it be crepe, straight, or knife twill. A picture would really help me out. Thanks.