Whats This Fabric?

Dear Andy,
I just happened upon this page looking for someone to tell me what kind of fabric I have. It is like t-shirt material with elastic sewn in rows through it and when it is washed it all shrinks up to a nicely puckered look. Do you know what kind of fabric it is and what I can make with it?

Anita: What you have is what we remember to be called Pucker Fabric. It was all the rage back in the ’70’s. It was sold for ladies blouses. Make yourself a blouse and have that retro look. Or, it may be a new look that imitates the old. You know what they say, “everything old is new again”. Good Luck, Andy

Comments are closed.